Business Development Manager (Contract)
To Apply: After reading through the role description to make sure you believe yourself to be qualified and suited for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use BDM Opportunity as your subject line, and include your current favorite song in the body of your email.
Marika Creative is an agency-ish specializing in bold and strategic visual experiences to help consumer brands increase their revenue and develop intimate connections with their customers. Our core offerings include full-scope content strategy, creative direction, production, photography, and videography.
Our client list includes Absolut, Perelel, Innersense Organic Beauty, Beam, Samuel Adams, Zipcar, Wild Planet, Skinte, and more. Our work and clients have been featured in Goop, Vogue, Refinery29, House Beautiful, Create & Cultivate, Blogher, and more.
We are looking for a part-time Business Development Manager to join our team! We are expecting 15-20 hours of work per week and our executive team will be collaborating with you directly to share our sales strategy, set objectives for you, and teach you everything you need to know about Marika Creative. This role has the potential to become full-time by the end of 2023.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for sales and marketing, a strong understanding of the creative industry, and a proven track record of exceeding sales targets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the agency's services and offerings
- Prospect for new clients and opportunities through cold calling, networking, and other methods
- Customer mapping
- Researching to find contact information for targets
- Build and maintain relationships with existing clients to drive repeat business and upsell opportunities
- Collaborate to create custom proposals and presentations for clients
- Negotiate contracts and close deals to meet and exceed sales targets
- Stay current with industry trends and market changes to identify new sales opportunities
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients to ensure satisfaction and foster long-term relationships
You will NOT be responsible for managing current client relationships.
- Proven experience in sales, with a track record of exceeding targets
- Strong understanding of the creative industry and a passion for marketing and advertising
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and prospects
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A self-starter with a strong drive to succeed and continuously improve
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn as we go
- Flexible work schedule
- Must have a reliable computer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
Previous experience is a plus but not required. We will teach you what you need to know!
This is not a full time position and is considered at-will. We require that you provide your own computer, Wifi, and reliable work from home setup. We do not offer benefits for contractors.